We are celebrating the fantastic Payroll Giving scheme this week. The most tax effective way to donate to charity. StC are matching donations to our charity partners up to £10 in the first month during the whole month of February.
Payroll giving is your organisation’s opportunity to make a real difference to UK charities, engage employees and show your commitment to corporate responsibility, without having to pay a penny.
The first Payroll Giving scheme was launched in 1987 to enable employees to donate to a charity of their choice through their pay. To date over £2billion has been raised for thousands of UK charities. Currently there are in excess of 1 million employees donating to charity each payday. An amazing success story.
Setting up a Payroll Giving scheme is simple and a win : win : win for employers, employees and charities. We can help you every step of the way from implementation to engaging employees with bespoke promotions both online and onsite – all at no cost to you.
For employers it :
- doesn’t have to cost you a penny, unless you wish to pay the Agent admin fee on behalf of your employees or decide to offer matched donations.
- Your employees can nominate the charitable organisation of their choice allowing them to support the causes closest to their hearts
- It gives charities a regular income stream which helps them plan their expenditure
- It is tax-effective for your employees and any matching offered by your organisation is deductable against corporation tax
- 1 in 3 employees would sign up for payroll giving if their employer offered it. This could equate to an additional £175m going to good causes.
If you already have a Payroll Giving scheme why not check out our amazing range of promotional services and boost your corporate responsibility by engaging your employees in giving and providing a regular income stream to UK charities.
Contact our team of experts to answer your questions and help you choose the best option for your organisation.