"The only Professional Fundraising Organisation
to include dedicated donor monitoring as part of what we do"
A shocking new survey** from Dogs Trust has revealed that over 48% of pet dogs have eaten chocolate intended for humans, and over 5% have become seriously ill from it. Of these, 15% have required urgent veterinary treatment and in extreme cases the dogs sadly died from the effects of chocolate poisoning.
To prevent the number of dogs that end up visiting the vet with chocolate poisoning, Dogs Trust is today launching its "Chocs Away" awareness drive after the survey revealed that 4 in 10 dogs found the chocolate themselves after it was left in easy to find places in the home.
Sadly, many dog owners are simply unaware of the dangers. Over 10% of dogs who ate human chocolate were given the treat by their owners. Easter is a time when we are all tempted to over-indulge, and we might give in to our dogs pleading for a chocolatey treat too. Dogs Trust is advising dog-owners to make sure their four legged friends steer completely clear of chocolate intended for human consumption and instead have to hand some healthy alternatives, such as carrots.
Posted on: 21/03/2016 Categories: Charity News
Quick links >>